Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

runningshoes
My Device: Playbook

Kobo on Playbook

I have had Kobo on my Playbook for almost a year with no glitches.  About a month ago I began experiencing problems opening books.  When I attempt to open Kobo It just hangs and freezes unless I open my browser and go to the Kobo website. Once that opens, the book opens. This is no good for travelling or at the cottage where there is no wifi.

Any ideas?

New Contributor
dboak

Re: Kobo on Playbook

I've had similar problems with Kobo - it just hangs up, evidently trying to load the last thing I was reading.  I tried your solution of going to the Kobo website, but it didn't help.

Can anybody suggest a way to reset the context of an app, i.e. so Kobo will just go to a "home state" rather than trying to load the last file?

New Contributor
rhardie
My Device: PlayBook

I join you with your frustration using KOBO on Playbook, but my freezing is intermittent.  The last time was when I was on a 6 hour flight and I could not access my book!

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

There is a workaround. I've posted about this before here.

Anyway, to resolve
Open Kobo and wait for it to freeze.
Swipe down TWICE to bring up the menu.
Go back to the library.
Open your book.
Enjoy reading.

I've emailed Kobo from way back about them updating the app - I'd suggest that you do the same to get these glitches fixed.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
dboak

Perfect ... Thanks!