Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
LuoKe67
My Device: Blackberry 9700 Bold & Blackberry Playbook 16 GB

Language Support

Hi all,

Well after several weeks of using the Playbook, I am more than satisfied with this great tab. But there is still one thing missing, which is of high importance for me. The possibility to have chinese input. I need this function due to business reasons and need to input chinese characters which I do not remember..

Is there any information when to expect it? I have heard that the HongKong Launch was planned for early july (so I hope it will be in July) but still no news about it..

Anyone? Thanks in advance
Contributor
xmishaalx
My Device: playbook

Re: Language Support

me too i was waiting for arabic input , but nothing till now :smileysad:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Language Support

LuoKe67 wrote:
The possibility to have chinese input.

I know it is not ideal, but you have at least one application on the AppWorld that allows you to type Chinese characters. I think it's called "Chinese IME".

LuoKe67 wrote:
I have heard that the HongKong Launch was planned for early july (so I hope it will be in July) but still no news about it..

a necessary condition for Chinese input to be available is to have the PlayBook released in a country where China is the language. but this will not mean that the input language will be available right away. For instance, the PlayBook is already available in some countries where Arab is the language, and still no Arabic support.

From my understanding, for non alphabetical languages, RIM will certainly focus on releasing input languages for core users, meaning Indonesia before China.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
jinwei58
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook & Bold 9780

Re: Language Support - Simplified Chinese Input

Hi BB fans,

It is obviousely RIM executives do not know what they are doing.......

I am losing patience with RIM and will order a iPad online with my flyer's points right after this message is posted. I want decision making executives to understand one thing, once BB lost her loyal fans, it will be 10 time harder to get them back. Also bad words spread faster than good......

I feel so sorry to say bye RIM. Good luck.

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

I really hope RIM gets the language support for you all.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
esd722
My Device: playbook

that's why they call playbook half-baked