Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Latest update caused bad reboot, now playbook won't even charge.

After installing the latest update and rebooting, the playbook had a blank screen (backlight on, but otherwise, no discernable activity). After trying various reset methods (pwr + volume+. pwr for 20 seconds, pwr for 15 seconds with 5 second release, etc) to no success, I just let the battery run its course as there was nothing else I could do.

Now, I can't get any sign of life out of the thing. Not so much as an LED. Stack charging doesn't work, holding power for 20 seconds doesn't, holding power for 15 seconds with a 5 second pause doesn't, and connecting to the computer doesn't. It was purchased for me as a birthday gift in August and I am unsure if they still have the receipt, so I don't even know if I can ram it through warranty. 

Can anyone give any suggestions before I pop the thing open and void the warranty altogether?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Latest update caused bad reboot, now playbook won't even charge.

Hi Schadenfreude,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet. Please try contacting the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet support team for futher assistance with this. You can find the contact information here: http://bbry.lv/MgKtEp

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!