Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: sympatico.ca
Accepted Solution

Library books

I have been in touch with the Toronto Public Library which uses Overdrive for it's e-books.  I can't seem to download to the tablet.  They said the tablet has to have ePub.  Does anyone  know about this?  I also have not been able to connect to KOBO in the last couple of days, but I have been able to before.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Library books

The is a app in appworld thst you can use. It cost $1.99. works well.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, that was fast
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

please give kudos and mark
as solved.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor

Thanks again.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Hello, could you be more specific about the solution? It sounds like you can access overdrive via a playbook tablet, but I'm having trouble understanding how.

I found an overdrive app in Blackberry app world, but it was free, not $1.99 as you note, and a blackberry support rep said it's for other devices only, not the Playbook. I could not find an epub app. The overdrive website says Playbooks are not supported, and the library does not know either.

If you could explain how I can do this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Contributor

I went to AppWorld and bought the EPUB application for $1.99.   I then dowloaded the app onto my playbook.  When you go on the Overdrive site you will see that you can download in the EPUB Format. I then was able to download a  book out of the library and  I access through EPUB app.

I tried the free one from Overdrive too but nothing happened.

Hope this helps.  Blackberry support told me about EPUB.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Curve
My Carrier: Sasktel Mobility

I tried the process described above, as I understood it, and it didn't work for me. I tried downloading directly to the Playbook from the Ontario library Overdrive site (a book I had already downloaded to my laptop). It was the EPUB format (the file name was xxxxx.acsm and it said it downloaded correctly, although it seemed to download much too fast for the size of file. When I started the EPUB app and selected the option to look for files it did not find anything.

Did I miss something?

This capability is important to me as I get many books from the library.

Thanks

Contributor

I've tried to reproduce what I did and now I can't nevertheless I have a book on my Playbook downloaded into EPUB.  I can't explain.  Sorry, now it's my problem again.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Curve
My Carrier: Sasktel Mobility

I wondered if perhaps you had downloaded it to your PC and then copied it to the PlayBook via the USB cable, rather than downloading directly to the PlayBook?