Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
cuse165
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930,Blackberry Playbook(32GB)

Re: Lithium battery myths dispelled

The one that came with the Playbook is the regular charger if you want the fast charger you do have to buy it. You do not have to and keep using the regular one but the fast one really works very good. 

The output of the regular one is 5V

The output of the fast charger is 12V

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
playbook_fan
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

The output of a fast charger: 5vdc, 1.8 Amps.
The output of a regular is 5vdc 650 milliamps.
The voltage cannot change.
The one that came in the box is a FAST charger, I don't know if they made a mistake but that's the one I received.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165

I think they did make a mistake and you got sold a package deal. The one I got just is the regular one and it lists on Blackberrys website what comes with the Blackberry and that one is listed. I had to buy a fast charger I would say you are very lucky. But are you sure you have the fast charger whats the tip on the charger that plugs in the Blaybook micro or three little pins? Also your charger have two fold our plugs or three proung plugs?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The Standard PlayBook charger is also a Fast Smartphone charger.

There is a Fast charger for the PlayBook that has even more amps than the standard one.

I hope to see one at #BBWC tomorrow.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165

So the standard Playbook charger is fast for Blackberry smartphones? It is not fast for the Playbook if you want a fast one you need buy it?

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Yes there is an even faster chaarger for the playbook.

look at bottom of this page

http://us.blackberry.com/playbook-tablet/#!tabletAccessories

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165

Yes I bought it I just wanted to make sure. Thhe fast charger is so wroth the money.

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165

Last question is the BlackBerry PlayBook Rapid Charging Pod and the BlackBerry Rapid Charger the same speed?

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

With a word like Rapid, I would hope so.

I will know more soon

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
playbook_fan
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

[ Edited ]

I think  what i told you is wrong, the charger i have is the PREMIUM CHARGER, it is the first picture below, and the second picture is the RAPID CHARGER.

TPhotobucket

Photobucket

Please use plain text.