Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: Lithium battery myths dispelled

I used to design power supplies and charging systems for industrial equipment. These were fairly sophisticated. There is a lot involved. Battery and charging systems are very complex even though the basic principles seem to be simple. Making these work with reliability, long life, and safely are the main key objectives.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

On the Playbook, while it is charging you can tap (click) on the battery symbol. This will allow you to see the percent of charge. If you leave the symbol active you will be able to see the progress of charge or discharge.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Thanks for the observation.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930,Blackberry Playbook(32GB)

If you ask me the ACadapters are kinda cheep and dont  feel sterdy at all.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

The beast you can have is the original Blackberry power adaptor. These are very high quality and very reliable.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165

I agree the Blod charger I like the best. The ones that come with the PB just seem cheep and the rubber not strong at all. Mine broke the rubber came off.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

I have the Playbook and use its charger daily. I've had no problems with it. I carry it around in my jacket pocket. I ordered a number of spares to keep at other locations. Also, I have the fast charger. It works verh well.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165

Yes the fast charger works very well I use it where I use my PB the most. I also you my old smartphone chargers when I do not have my fast one. What one did you put the one with the dock or just the plug?

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

I you briefly press the red button for about a half second or less, the Playbook will sleep. If you hold it for more than about 6 seconds the Playbook will do a re-start.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Upograde to latest os 1.0.5 so you can charge while powered off.

Head over to the Inside BlackBerry Blog for more details of the changelog on this upgrade. 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.