Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

mr9ice
My Device: BB PB
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Lithium battery myths dispelled

Is there known charge-discharge life cycle for BB PB ? (ie how many times/cycles it may run until get useless)
p.s. I concentrated on this topic only and didn`t see if someone asked-answered this question before. thanx

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zvdo
My Device: None
My Carrier: Mtel

Hi, 

You never seen that answer becaouse life cycles depends on how you use it.

If you discharge it to 0% it can last for about 300 – 500 cycles, if you discharge only 10% may hold for 3,750 – 4,700 cycles. It also depends of temperature and also charging to 100% is also killing cycles. 

So in total it depends on many factors, but at least one or two years before completly dead. I gues it's best to charge it to around 4.0 or 4.1V and discharge only 10-20%, also it's not possible if you really use that device. For now no real calculation or study about perfect usage, so we can only try to keep it running longer.

You can read more details here:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Please if you think I helped, hit like. (I'm looking for water bottle from BB :smileyhappy: )

If you like my answer, hit like.
Thanks!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Zvdo wrote:

Please if you think I helped, hit like. (I'm looking for water bottle from BB :smileyhappy: )

Do what?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zvdo

BB give points if I get likes and I can change points for items such as water bottle or hat. Some support from their side :smileyhappy:

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Zvdo wrote:

BB give points if I get likes and I can change points for items such as water bottle or hat. Some support from their side :smileyhappy:

Cool, understood now.

You'll find many users here needing assistance with their handsets and software, as well as developers needing assistance who post questions. Providing 'real world' user-to-user assistance can be invaluable. I've noticed some just come here to inflate their post count and 'likes', with worthless posts and such only for those "points" to which you refer. You seem to be engaging in meaningful conversation. That's great!

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zvdo

Thank you!

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scelop
My Device: Playbook and 9850

I have a related question.  do any of you have a recommendation for a utility that can evaluate the battery 'condition?'

I have had my playbook about 1.5 years and i am noticing that the battery drains pretty quickly lately.  Do you also know if there are options for battery replacement...or is that silly?

any advice or comment welcome.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

scelop, I believe my app Battery Guru is still the only one that fully reports the OS-provided values relevant to this.

You may also be interested in this CrackBerry post I wrote a long time ago on doing a "drain test". Even without my app (which isn't free) if you read and follow the instructions carefully it should let you calculate your battery "health" pretty accurately.

I'm not aware of any cost-effective options for battery replacement, but I'd really be surprised if you need one. None of my few thousand users have yet reported any significant reduction in battery capacity as you believe you have. You might need an RMA to have the PlayBook repaired, but if it's not under warranty, at this point buying a new one is likely the cheapest option. I doubt you'll need to though.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Zvdo wrote:

How many likes do we need to get a new Playbook?

P.S. Battery health 89% after 1 year. 

My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

I don't know if PlayBooks can be offered that way... but if it is the case, I doubt that the number of likes is the only parameter. :smileywink:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.