Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
nnomad
My Device: Z10

Local Calendar gone after DM backup

Local calendar entries gone after DM backup / update / restore no wipe. Can you manually back up local calendar as with video and pics? Lost a years worth of manual entries. Going back to buying wall calendars I think. RIM FAIL!

Does anyone know of something like BB Backup extractor that can see into the .bbb (backup files) and manually restore from there? Is there any way  to sync local calendar with something other than a piece of paper before update?

My image of connecting my two PlayBooks to my shiny new BB10 phone is slowly...........fading...........................away.

RIM please remove / disable Local calendar as it  can not be backed up / restored and is wiped on update.

So it is useless.

9700,Z10,PB16,PB64
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Local Calendar gone after DM backup

bbb is some kind or tarball compressed file. I tried various methods but failed to look inside mine. Any Unix experts out there??

It does look as though local cal and contacts are volatile.  As with any backup, with 20:20 hindsight we all should have tested the restore before too much data had been added.  

I never trust backupa except for my beloved Mac Time Machine which I have tested many times. 

If you rename .bbb to .rar and extract you will see backup files. Found calendar. Will have to look further later.

9700,Z10,PB16,PB64
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nnomad

Looks like the local calendar does not get backed up at all. Just some default settings as far as I can see. Too bad as it would be more secure than syncing online/cloud based. That is why I was using the local calendar in the first place.Then again Rim isn't about security is it?

@rapanui21 thanks for taking the time to PM me but  nothing seems to open Playbook BBB files or convert to IPD as there seems to be nothing in the archive files. No database. A different format I assume? .Dat 's different.

9700,Z10,PB16,PB64
Please use plain text.