Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
nckelleys
My Device: blackBerry Playbook 32GB

Location of ALT button

I need to do a soft reset on my playbook but can not locate the ALT button on either the touchscreen or wireless keyboards.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Location of ALT button

That won't work all you need to do is restart it from battery icon.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nckelleys

I have tried a hard reset and also had it reset to factory settings and it still has the same error message when I try to download an app. Its getting a bit frustrating.

Is restarting from the batter icon different? If so, what excatly do I need to do?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what error message do you get?

tap battery icon on upper right and then choose restart

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nckelleys

That the BlackBerry playbook can not connect to the BlackBerry app world and to check my connections. Wifi is fine but  it will say this message everytime I try to upload or update an app off of the bb app world.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

have you tried to power down your WiFI router?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nckelleys

Yep. Nothing seems to work. It's done this since we got the playbook in December and no one can quite figure it out. I got it for my daughter to do school work so I wasn't concerned about the app choices. But it would be nice to be able to download a few or at lease update the ones that came with the playbook when necessary.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

What type of wifi are you using?

Type of Router?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Can I also add, have you checked the Blackberry ID that the Playbook is set up for (See Settings, Blackberry ID on the Playbook to check)  and then tried to sign into http://appworld.blackberry.com and see if the BBID is valid there.

More importantly, can the playbook access the web in the browser? You have not specifically said. That will usually determine if the wifi is OK.