Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
ranger27
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

Looking for a notetaking app that syncs with PC

I use playbook for mobility but PC for work.  I am looking for a (simple) note taking app that will allow me to sync with PC - preferably via dropbox. I used to use cintanotes on PC but that doesn't sync to PB.  Looked at Evernote but seems bloated and some adverse reviews.  Some others exist by seem to have issues also - eg Simplenotes.  Anyone out there found a good working solution?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Looking for a notetaking app that syncs with PC

Evernote is really a good app, preferred by many power users on the PlayBook and BlackBerry, I'd encourage you to try it out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

ranger27 wrote:

I use playbook for mobility but PC for work.  I am looking for a (simple) note taking app that will allow me to sync with PC - preferably via dropbox. I used to use cintanotes on PC but that doesn't sync to PB.  Looked at Evernote but seems bloated and some adverse reviews.  Some others exist by seem to have issues also - eg Simplenotes.  Anyone out there found a good working solution?

I am using Evernote, with my Playbook and phone as well as the computer, and I am very happy with the fact that I can use either device to make a note and it will then be available on all the other devices

And also it is free to use Evernote , and to download on all platform

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
ranger27

Thanks for the suggestion re Evernote. I may try it - I have seen some adverse comment on Evernote in the app world so was cautious about uptake. Also I was keen on a solution which included encryption

JSanders

Did you  see any positive comments re: Evernote in posted in AppWorld?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
ranger27

I guess the downside is that playbook has to be connected to internet for evernote to work.  Strangely this seems to be only for playbook, another blackberry version allows offline note writing.  Very frustrating.

JSanders

so, then make it simple, you can you use any text application on the PlayBook, save the text file offline and drop it in DropBox or Drop.com on your Paybook. Once you hit a WiFi hotspot, it should sync and be available in your DropBox or Box.com folder on your PC.

Remember, no "online" applications will work until your Playbook is connected to the internet.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
ranger27

Thanks. ' use any text application on the PlayBook' - any suggestions of any that are compatible with windows?
JSanders

One named NotePad is free, saves as .txt files.

Another, WriterRoom, costs $1.99USD, and saves as .txt and .doc files.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

JSanders wrote:

One named NotePad is free, saves as .txt files.

Another, WriterRoom, costs $1.99USD, and saves as .txt and .doc files.

I have been doing the same thing with notepad.  You can copy and paste the notepad text to Evernote when a wifi location is available.

However, I then discovered that Evernote works fine when my bb phone and playbook are bridged, so no need to worry about the wifi connection.....as long as there is a cell signal.

In the past, using a pc, I copied my note files to Evernote. The pb won't read .txt files directly so I had to convert text files to .doc files using Word, then open on the pb.  (I was originally only using NotePad for my day to day work and backing up to my pc....until I discovered Evernote..to keep all files in the evernote cloud eliminates the need for a backup)