Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
tonychat
My Device: playbook 2.0
My Carrier: o2

Lost App due to setup issue - Smart Office 2

Hi

I purchased smart office 2 for my new playbook via blackberry approval, and it downloaded with no problems

The problem has arisen now that I have tried to use it, due to the setup on the playbook (linked to the account)

unfortunately I registered the playbook to my work blackberry and not my private one, inadvertently  sending the software to my work account. Unfortunately my work IT policy blocks all application usage.

My IT dept advises I can use my private blackberry with the playbook, and that will access my phone to set up the bridge.

Problem is that I purchased the software, and have had the have the playbook reset to the correct account, and cannot find my download

I contacted smart office, and they have said that its an appworld issue, and cannot help

is there any way around this, to help me avoid having to pay for the software twice, even though its going to the same device & pin?

All help gratefully received

cheers

Tony 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: Lost App due to setup issue - Smart Office 2

tonychat wrote:

Hi

I purchased smart office 2 for my new playbook via blackberry approval, and it downloaded with no problems

The problem has arisen now that I have tried to use it, due to the setup on the playbook (linked to the account)

unfortunately I registered the playbook to my work blackberry and not my private one, inadvertently  sending the software to my work account. Unfortunately my work IT policy blocks all application usage.

My IT dept advises I can use my private blackberry with the playbook, and that will access my phone to set up the bridge.

Problem is that I purchased the software, and have had the have the playbook reset to the correct account, and cannot find my download

I contacted smart office, and they have said that its an appworld issue, and cannot help

is there any way around this, to help me avoid having to pay for the software twice, even though its going to the same device & pin?

All help gratefully received

cheers

Tony 

From my experience the apps are firmly linked to BBID. Running two Playbooks with one BBID allows you to share between Playbooks. However running Playbook on one BBID and trying to install apps belonging to another BBID seems impossible. 

I did read a post on here that claimed you could move apps from one BBID to another using the web App World, provided they were bought on the same PayPal ID, but I have not been able to find that in app world anywhere. Someone may know how it's done, I don't. If you didn't use the same PayPal ID to buy them then you are stuck anyway, and that is not a cheap app!

Cheers

its going to the same device & is linked to the same paypal account

i'll speak to appworld to see if they can arrange something

otherwise as its in the last 72 hours, i may ask for a refund!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

I'm a little lost as to how your companies IT policy is stopping you run the app? If your playbook is setup on your companies mobile fusion server you should still be able to run your own programs - any IT policy on the playbook only affects the work partition from my understanding? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tonychat

That's not the problem. 

Appworld is prohibited in my organisation & is a breach of our IT policy for me register a device to it with organizational Email

I've had to re-register the device with my private email thus losing the program

Please use plain text.