Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
yamira
My Device: BlackBerry playbook model RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Claro

Lost calendario info

Please help!  Yesterday I updated my playbook.  After I restarted it  I noticed that my calendar  is empty.  I lost all my appointments!!! I am in shock!!! What happened? 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost calendario info

I am not aware of a fix for this yet but RIM has been made aware of the issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yamira

Thank you for your answer.  I still don't believe that this happened.  I was very confident about the blackberry functions and service.  I think that this trouble was a piece of cake for RIM.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
catfishwindsor
My Device: Playbook; Bold
My Carrier: 5192509844

Lost calendar and almost all my contacts (the ones that had been entered manually).  Please tell me there will be a fix.  Please tell me this isn't permanent, or I will never be able to trust that the info I enter is protected.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

My gut feeling on this (and it's only my guess since I do not work for RIM) is that the data is gone unless you made a manual backup before the update. However, even with a manual backup I'm not sure how long it will take to get a fix out that will allow it to be restored back. it remains to be seen if there will be a workaround or if it will have to wait for a new, updated OS. I really wish I had better news.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yamira

Thank you for your answer.   If they don't hurry they also will need to fix people confidence in BlackBerry .  I am very disappointed and feel deception about this.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
giny1955
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Sympatico

I also lost entire calendar and contacts. Phoned blackberry support who informed me I should have done a back up first, since these upgrades wipe everything out.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Is that REALLY what BlackBerry support said? Having a backup doesn't restore the calendar info.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
giny1955
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Sympatico

Actually, what the tech support person said was : Next time call us and we'll walk you thru to do a back up before you do an upgrade.  Yeah I was upset, told her thank you very much and just hung up on her.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It is a good idea to do backups but in this case the calendar info won't restore even with a backup. She was obviously not aware of the issue.
Please use plain text.