Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Lost my clock

Just to draw some kind of line under this...

The clock app does indeed work after a security wipe.

HOWEVER, if you restore your backed up apps - it starts to misbehave again.

I'm afraid - this makes it very difficult to resolve without wiping out your app settings. Not an ideal solution by any stretch.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jecsc620
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

cas118 wrote:

Just to draw some kind of line under this...

The clock app does indeed work after a security wipe.

HOWEVER, if you restore your backed up apps - it starts to misbehave again.

I'm afraid - this makes it very difficult to resolve without wiping out your app settings. Not an ideal solution by any stretch.

Can we restate where we are drawing the line at?

I guess I want to make sure that I understand under what circumstances with the clock should I do a swipe, especially if we are saying that even after the swipe when we restore the backed up apps the problem might occur again.

My reason for asking is, if I have to do a wipe for another reason do we think the clock and alarms might become an issue?

Please use plain text.
Developer
asiayeah
My Device: Z10, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Smartone

I have this issue since 2.0. I have just upgraded to 2.1.0.1032, however the issue is still there. Is there a way to just wipe out the app settings for the clock app?

Please use plain text.