Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ScottWalling
My Device: Playbook

Lost the Browser and all of my Quick Start Applications

So I let my daughter play around with the playbook and she had moved all of the items from the top quick launch area to the main launch area. Now when I try to move them back to the quick launch area at the top of the screen a java script error pop up stating I've got an invalid array index and the item I've attempted to add back in has now disappeared and can be found nowhere.

Does anyone know how to restore the application shortcuts and RIM you should take note of this somewhat serious usability bug - I am running the latest playbook OS version.

New Developer
charliepena
My Device: blackberry playbook

Re: Lost the Browser and all of my Quick Start Applications

try this

http://demos.blackberry.com/playbook-os20/na/us/gen/

in the main menu choose "your blackberry table" + Personalize...hope this can help you.

New Contributor
ScottWalling

No that does help....

You did not read my full description. The quick launch/dock is empty and when I try and drag into this area it results in a java script array index error.

To recreate the problem remove all of the items from the quick launch/dock and then try and something back in. When you do this you will receive the error message and lose the application link that you were dragging.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Backup

Security wipe

Restore

Keep the kids off

I've already done that - as soon as it happened.

But it's pretty lame... I'm in the software biz and know our clients would not stand for this. Is there a formal channel to log a bug to RIM. I wouild like to keep my kids off but it's impossible and the software should be able to handle the gestures of a five year old and clean up by their parent....

I'm a big fan of the playbook and want to see it establish better traction but with bugs like this people are just going to steadily give it bad press.