Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

MESSAGES - POP email problems

[ Edited ]

I just realized today that the two accounts that I setup on my PlayBook were setup as IMAP and this is no good as I access my email on multiple devices and I require POP. I attempted to put in my pop settings in the PlayBook and it keeps on saying that I cannot contact the server. I have my pop accounts setup on 3 other computers, iPad, iPod touch, and Andriod phone.

If the PlayBook does not support POP mail, it is going straight back to Futureshop as this will be officially the most useless tablet in the market.

--------------------

FEB 24, 2012 @ 8:30pm update

- I successfully added POP accounts after numbereous attempts even though the settings where right and they went in.

- see the rest of the post for a HUGE POP problem where "leave on server" doesn't actually work.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: MESSAGES - POP email support ???

First delete the the imap accounts under the setup, accounts.

Setup the pop mail accounts
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

I successfully have/had two pop email accounts setup with the new OS2 and they worked fine but I just realized tonight that it removes the messages from the server when downloaded so I cannot retrieve them at home on the PC which is a big NO for me. Also when you delete messages, they are gone as there is no Trash folder ar any way to make folders. This email client needs some fine tuning quickly!

I searched the Settings in email accounts and there is nowhere that you can set it to "leave messages on the server" so I have removed my email accounts from the PB. This is a big flaw and needs their immediate attention.

Regards, Bob

Contributor

exactly, what a disaster, I lost a bunch of client emails over the last 2 days.
Contributor

There is an obvious problem with the device. I run an IT support company so there is no possibility of a mistake from my end and I'm not posting on this forum for help, just trying to save other people time and headaches.
Forums Veteran I

Go to accounts in setup.

Select the email account.

Scroll down to the bottom and the setting is there "keep messages on server "

Forums Veteran I

supertech wrote:
There is an obvious problem with the device. I run an IT support company so there is no possibility of a mistake from my end and I'm not posting on this forum for help, just trying to save other people time and headaches.

May you should ask before posting.  This should be solved for the leaving messages on the server

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

You are right and I stand corrected. This might have been switched to OFF as this afternoon I lost a few messages that came to the PB only and never appeared on my PC. They were also appearing on my BB 9800 and 2 places on the PB as it was Tethered to the phone.

I have just setup my POP email account again and will give it another test.

Thanks, Bob

Forums Veteran I

If it works please mark as solved.
Contributor

It is 100% a problem with the PlayBook, don't fool yourself. I just removed the account, rebooted the OS, readded the POP account. Send a test message from my laptop, the PlayBook got it and I deleted it, then went to my other devices and even went to teh source (my webmail) and there is no messages there (all of my devices have leave on server forever).

The PlayBook has erased all of my mail on webmail as well... this is getting better.