Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: MESSAGES - POP email support ???

supertech wrote:
I was under the impression that RIM actually supports this forum and helps with problems. I will contact them directly.

RIM employees will no and then review the boards ask a question but other than that nothing.  While on the phone with support many of the support personal will look at these very same forums and give the solution or workaround found here

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

I was just on the phone for an hour with RIM Technical Support on this email deleting issue and they now acknowledge that it is a problem that they are now looking into.

Hopefully they will resolve the problem soon and issue an update.

Later, Bob (Waverley, Nova Scotia)

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I just spent 1 hour on the phone with RIM tech support. RIM confirms that this is a "known issue" and they are working on a resolution as they have had many calls regarding this issue.

From an IT perspective, I would recommend to all PlayBook users NOT to setup your POP email account on your PlayBook yet especially if you have the email setup on multiple devices. I have deleted all of my POP accounts and will await a solution from RIM (probably a software update).

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: MESSAGES - POP email problems

Thanks for that update from RIM.

If its considered a bug, then it should indeed be resolved in an update.

In the meantime, if you want to keep your POP email active on your PlayBook and don't want emails deleting off the server, don't delete emails from the PlayBook until an update has been issued.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

I have not had any problems with my POP mail. But I have selected on my mail account to 'Leave emailing server. My mail system is working great. You should check you setting on your mail provider.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g (use this every day still), 2-z10's, Passport

Re: Updated Version of Playbook cannot connect to POP server.

here is a complete work up that works for cogeco

Description                                                   Cogeco

Dispaly name                                               Leave blank

Username                                                       Your full email address right down to .ca

email address                                                your full email address right down to .ca

password                                                      your password to access your email account

server                                                               pop.cogeco.ca

port                                                                 110

use ssl                                                        turn off

smtp                                          same password as above

smpt    server address                 smtp.cogeco.ca

smtp port                                   25

smtp encryptio                         n off

keep messages on server                  leave on, you can delete them from your main computer where I store                                                   the ones  I want to keep

I tried dozens of times so hopefully this will work for everyone that doesn't have hotmail or gmail

jeff

Trusted Contributor

i have not experienced the deleting issue but I always as a safeguard never delete on any device untill I have retreived from my main computer. 

Trusted Contributor

not working again, not sure why.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hey Jeffery,

It may be that the server is also having issues. You seem to have everything set up correctly as Cogeco seems to use to the same setup as Telus. Is it still having issues? If so, what is the error you're seeing?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Trusted Contributor

I keep getting "unable to connect to server" but it initial works for a couple of emails then quits. So are we talking the rim server?

I set up another email account using Yahoo and it works just fine, unfortunately it isn't the one I use all the time.  One thing I noticed about cogeco is their mail doesn't play nice with any other email system.  I've tried transfering to other email accounts and they never transfer the contacts so I have just stayed put although I have had trouble with the outlook and cogeco together.  I recently treied getting an @live account think that may help but they won't merge either.