Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
brieng
My Device: Playbook

Re: MUSIC STORE

Come on blackberry. How hard can it be to re install a single app? I've even beento the 7 digital site, and it says their blackberry app isn't supported for my device. All I want is to is get the music store back. I'm not accepting I need to restore the full device just to recover one application. 

Help please or I'll have to buy an Android tablet instead....

Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

brieng wrote:

...I'm not accepting I need to restore the full device just to recover one application. 

Why not? You lost the icon, that's the usual way to get it back. How would an Android tablet do it any different? 

My Device: Playbook

Thank you for your helpful and supportive response.

I didn't just lose the icon, the Music Store App had stopped working for days, it was 'Bluescreening' on load. I;m not the only person to report this.

There was no obvious way to re-install as it wasn't listed in Blackberyy world as an App to delete or re-install. As a last resort I deleted th eicon hoping it would recognise it as 'deleted'.

This should be a simple process of reinstalling an app from the store or reinstalling from a download for any app.

I do this on my windows devices all the time. I've never had to do it on the ipads or ipod touches in my family. Why should blackberry force me into what is effectively a 'Disaster recovery process', for the sake of one App where I buy things from their selected partner?

Android tablet (or indeed even a blackberry phone) would be different from playbook as 7digital's application is available in their app store for download (via a link on their website to BB world for BB phones).

I think Blackberry should at least be able to provide an explanation as to why the Playbook 7 didgital app isn't available in Blackberry world.

FYI - I have discovered that if you buy single tracks from 7digital's website on your playbook you can simply download them to your playbook bypassing Music Store. Not tried albums yet as they are zipped up and didn't want to waste money. If I can find a cheap one I want I (or a free one) I will give it a try and report back.

I hope this has helped other owners suffering the blue screen at least a little.