Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
WindWarrior6
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1526
My Carrier: Belkin

MY BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK LIGHTS UP WHEN TURNED OFF

Hi again.

Recently I've been noticing that my PlayBook is very slow around Flash games (like the ones made by Flipline Studios) and sometimes it does something even more disturbing.

After I turn it off (I KNOW I TURNED IT OFF PROPERLY), then leave it, I'd wake up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water, walk into the living room, and see it sitting on my table with its screen lit up a dark blue color. The light isn't noticeable at first, but when you look closer you can tell it's definitely there.

Have any of you guys experienced this problem before? Do you think it's a virus?

-Jenn

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: MY BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK LIGHTS UP WHEN TURNED OFF

Right now I do not know if there are any viri written to attack the playbook, just did a google search and there are none that I can see. is your playbook on the charger could that be a residual affect from being on the charger?
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WindWarrior6
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1526
My Carrier: Belkin

Re: MY BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK LIGHTS UP WHEN TURNED OFF

Hmm, well usually this occurs when it's unplugged, so I'm not sure exactly. 

Also, this happened again today when I was uploading a YouTube video from my tablet to the computer (via USB cord) to the Internet. Except, it lit up midway through when I was browsing the videos, instead of when it was turning in off. Eventually I had to force Shut Down by holding the power button, since it seemed to be frozen. 

I have practically never mistreated my tablet, exceptions being letting my fingerprints smudge the screen and the one time I dropped it very gently on the couch. 

Please use plain text.