Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
airbornesapper
My Device: 64GB Playbook and 9330 Phone

Managed to Get the Playbook working with BB Desktop on a computer running WINDOWS 8.............Finally!!

[ Edited ]

That is all....:Angel:

Have a good one!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

Re: Managed to Get the Playbook working on WINDOWS 8.............Finally!!

It is not designed for win 8..i find it surprising..will you be another person on here trying to get rid of it like the person who forced BB10 on his playbook

Gene
Please use plain text.
Contributor
airbornesapper

[ Edited ]

I actually posted this thread in recognition that it can be done... I even took the time to post on someone else's thread....who was having trouble.....as have many others.

Perhaps the comment "finally"...was a tad unfair....but then...a little info, useful info from BB.....would have helped.

Bottom line, it works fine on WIN 8.

For those having probs....I recommend after loading the latest Desktop software (delete older versions) and rebooting...connect the PB....open BB Desktop...if it won't connect....check "system" "devices" and "network adaptors" in "control panel"...if you have an error on the PB....delete it...rescan for new software or reboot.

I love this little thing....and have used BB phones for years....I am far from a naysayer. That's why I took the time to post on these couple threads. Real time solution...from a real user.....filling in for non existent relevant direction from BB....

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

[ Edited ]

Post deleted following update of thread tiopic.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.
Contributor
airbornesapper

[ Edited ]

I see what you mean...with a sober second look.

Certainly you can take it how you like...but the second post on this thread should have cleared it up.....obviously not.

If you were running WIN 8 on a Playbook...why would you even need BB Desktop manager..

A few here have had trouble connecting to BB Desktop Manager loaded on a WINDOWS 8 machine (myself only after the latest update). I posted on those particular threads dealing with this issue also.........this was a short sum-up...nothing more.

This thread was was aimed at folks who likely knew what I was alluding to.....not those trying to pick fly sh_t out of pepper..

In closing...anyone know how to load WINDOWS 8 on a PB :smileyhappy: ?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

[ Edited ]

Thank you for updating the thread topic.  :smileyindifferent:

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

Sorry, misread your initial post, I thought you had tried to install Win8 on your playbook...

Gene
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Motor_Mouth
My Device: PlayBook 64Gb

I followed these instructions and for a moment it looked like it was going to work but in teh end it didn't, so I still can't communicate between my PC and PB. It seems to me that the problem is with the drivers. Hopefully BB10 for PlayBook is not far away and will include a fix for this.

Please use plain text.