Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mmilinkov
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Managing Wifi Saved Networks

Where do I go to manage and delete Saved (Wifi) Networks?

When I came to the office this morning, somehow the SSID of the WPA2-protected network here was already in my "Saved Networks" list. (I.e. when I look for networks it is listed as "Saved Network - Open".) But apparently without the password and other info. I can only assume that it somehow picked that up from my Blackberry? Because I know for a fact I didn't put it in.

So now when I try to connect to the Wifi network it fails because it doesn't have the password.

If I try to connect manually, I get the error "Both name and SSID must be unique among configurations".

So how do I find the list of Saved Networks so I can delete this entry and start over again?

Playbook info:

OS Version 1.0.1.1690

Blackberry info:

9780, OS 6.0 Bundle 1879 (v6.0.0.448, Platform 6.5.0.136)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mmilinkov
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Managing Wifi Saved Networks

<sigh> So of course 60 seconds after I hit Post I figure out how to see the list of Saved Networks on the Playbook.

I was able to edit the parameters and connect.

So I guess the bug to report to the development team is that for some reason the WEP authentication parameters didn't get copied to the Playbook. I am not exactly sure when during the setup and bridging process that copying happened. It was actually news to me that my Blackberry's saved networks would get copied.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
vlay99
My Device: storm 9550
My Carrier: verizon

i am having the same problem.  can you tell me how you fixed it?  thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

go to the gear on top right to settings to edit wifi settings.

Copy of smartphone wifi networks was a nice feature, but it wont copy the passwords over which is a good thing in some eyes. I wouldnt want all the devices here to auto login to our wifi network with out permission.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.