Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

ctr
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Manual

Is there a detailed manual for the Playbook that I can view on line?

If so, does anyone have the link?

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: .

Re: Manual

[ Edited ]

http://www.blackberry.com > support > Playbook > View Manual

Dont know why this isn't posted as a Sticky post at the top of the forum as there is no manual shipped with the Playbook, not even pdf pre-loaded on the device.

First thing I did was download a copy to my PB...

ctr
New Contributor

Thanks.  I noticed there was no manual.  One of the biggest problems with tablet makers is that they don't understand the need for a simple, easy to read manual with simple (but necessary) questions and answers.  We are not all computer geniuses.  

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Of course there is the pre-installed Help app... That contains quite a lot of information in (mostly) plain English.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: .

True, and is good for quick reference but Getting started and Connections are the only topics available off-line. Your PlayBook needs to be setup and connected to wi-fi as most (<90%) of the help is downloaded. Only been on the forum less than a week and most posts I keep reading are relating to the initial setup - until this is completed successfully you can not access the Help app. on the device.

Maybe on the sheet of paper that is in the box with the 1 - 2 - 3 start instructions BB adds The Playbook user manual is available to download from their website ?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

That makes sense but sense is not part of business.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
ctr
New Contributor

I've lived with this tablet for only a day, but I'm already hooked. Once I was up and running I found myself in sync with the tablet-much more so than on my android 10" screen. I love them both, but this Playbook is FUN! And the size is perfect for traveling. I think Blackberry is making a huge business mistake when they don't provide a FAQ section. This Playbook is a dynamite product @ around $200_$250. If this price could be maintained, the talk would be about the Playbook and not the Kindle or Nook.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tablet
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Microphone

Does anyone know why when recording a voice note or a video and it is played back the sound is muffled and you cannot hear anything?  Could there be a problem with the microphone?  Have had the playbook for only 5 daysSmiley Sad!  Thanks for the helpSmiley Happy!

ctr
New Contributor

Thanks for the link.  Just what I was looking for.