Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

letrukwa
My Device: Playbook 16g

Mass Deletion of emails off my Outlook on Playbook

Does anyone know how I can delete several thousand emails that are now on my Outlook after the initial sync?

I can do them one at a time but it would take me forever to delete all of these messages in my inbox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JameB
My Device: Bold 9900, Pearl 8130

Re: Mass Deletion of emails off my Outlook on Playbook

Hey,

I'm looking for the same thing. As far as I know, the only way to mass delete messages is by selecting them one by one.

In your case, that's pretty much impossible so I suggest you delete the email account first. Then go to advanced setup (of the email accounts) and choosing IMAP or POP (whatever is your mailbox) and then selecting to sync none of the previous emails. This should work but I can't guarantee anything as I've never tried it... but at the very least, you'll get rid of all the emails by deleting the account!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vectorczar
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

That's a smart idea!

"Welcome to my sky."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tacwalker
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

I yet have not found a way to do this. For now I have to select one at a time until all messages are all selected.

What you need to remember is that you must go into your Outlook account (PC) under the File menu and select your account > double click on your default account to bring up Internet E-mail Account Settings > click "More Settings" > click the "Advanced Tab and down at the bottom where it says "Leave a copy of the messages on the server", select a reasonable lenth of time (3 or 4 days)..

Then sync your device again.

Hope this helps you!

Ps: if you don't want to suffer the repetiveness of deleting 4,000 + messages you could re-install the Blackberry os. It is quite simple to do. However, make certain you use the Desktop Blackberry software to perform a complete backup before you reformat and uninstall the os. :-)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tacwalker
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Yep! I set my server settings to hold mail for one day only. I had to do this for all mail clients (I have 3). It makes a very huge difference in the number of email messages that download to the Playbook once it is powered on. The missing "delete all" option on the Playbook's mail client is no longer an issue. I love this tablet. I hope RIM gets back on their feet soon! Their technologies are top shelf.

Please use plain text.