Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
bearmarket
My Device: Playbook

Message red X

What does the message red X stand for? When sending email from the Playbook. I looked in "help" but did not see anything.

Been having issues sending videos.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Message red X

A red x means the mail couldn't send for some reason. It may not be connected to the Internet, it may not have the correct server address, could be many things.

Can you be more specific about the exact setup of the email you're trying to send?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Developer
bearmarket

Thanks for the quick reply.

I now notice a message saying the attachments are too large to send. Which is odd given they were sent the other day.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The email provider usually controls the attachment size, not the Playbook.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi bearmarket,

Check the below knowledgebase articles -

• KB03592 What is the maximum email message size when using a BlackBerry Internet Service account
  • KB15253 Supported native file format attachments in BlackBerry Internet Service
  • KB19703 Email attachments are removed when the Send Using field is changed from a BlackBerry Internet Service address to Desktop (secure)

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
John_Clark

Those are good KB's to read if you're trying to send email via Bridge over BIS. Otherwise, the Playbook doesn't use BIS so those KB's won't apply.
New Developer
bearmarket

Thanks,

Same files send by same email address, one shows being sent and the other says files too big. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Then it shows a red box with a L, or maybe a square clock at 3 o'clock.  

Close messages and reopen, shows 2 messages that couldn't be sent.  Very strange.

Sending via sbcglobal with wifi.

New Developer
bearmarket

Thanks for the KB links.  Mp4 files sizes are 124M, 105M and 195M. 

Thanks for the help, doesn't look like video files can be sent if they must be under 8M.

Guru I
John_Clark

Those KB's are for BIS (BlackBerry Smartphone devices) and not necessarily for the playbook unless you're sending email while bridged to a BB device.
New Developer
bearmarket

Nope not bridged.

It is strange, the message saying the files were to big disappeared.

Thanks for the info.