Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Messages App: Twitter direct messages showing the "TO" as myself (Sends messages to myself instead of recipient)

There seems to be a bug with the new version of the OS, in previous version when I got a direct message from someone through twitter, it showed up in my Messages App with the "To: <Name>" where the "<Name>" was the twitter account name of the person who sent me the message. So when I reply to the message, it will send the message to said person.

Now, when I recieve a message, the "To: <Name>" is my twitter account name of myself. So when I try to reply to the person, I end up sending a message to myself! 

So instead, every time I get a direct message through twitter and want to respond, I have to click on the twitter icon on the bottom left corner of the messages app to compose a twitter direct message, and I would have to enter the name of the user.

Anyone else having this issue? Most people don't use twitter for direct messages, but I do, and it sucks how it doesn't work properly anymore.

As an aside, it would be great if it could be faster to load the twitter direct messages as well. It takes 5 seconds, sometimes even longer for the message to show up. 

Developer
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Messages App: Twitter direct messages showing the "TO" as myself (Sends messages to myself instead of recipient)

Can u provide screen shot. Because there is no official twitter app for PlayBook.. Browser is only the option..
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900 / Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Messages App: Twitter direct messages showing the "TO" as myself (Sends messages to myself instead of recipient)

IMG_00000109.png

My twitter handle is Andy4Life, notice how the "To:" shows my handle. So when someone sends me a direct message and I try to reply, it will send the message to me. Hence, you see that I got a message from my self on Oct16.