Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
sashacarrion
My Device: Curve 9300

Messages, Calendar, Tasks, Memos, BBM icons are present on the BlackBerry PlayBook but does not open

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Messages, Calendar, Tasks, Memos, BBM icons are present on the BlackBerry PlayBook but does not open

Are you using the blackberry bridge?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/About_Bridge_1921706_11.jsp

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2012/03/how-to-bridge-playbook/

is it not working or are you getting an error message when trying to pair?

Re: Messages, Calendar, Tasks, Memos, BBM icons are present on the BlackBerry PlayBook but does not open

It is paired, no problem with that.  I can see all the icons but when I want to launch them it doesn't do anything.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

have you done a restart of the playbook and battery pull on the blackberry?

Yes, both. I can see all the icons and actually I can see the red star when I receive an email on the tablet but I can't open any icon (email, calendar, tasks, memo pad...).
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

See here:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB26699&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

You've done step 5

I wonder if removing bridge from the phone /bluetooth profiles and starting over will make a difference.  See that link for more things to try.  I know you said it pairing works fine, but its worth a shot.