Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

NeedALogin
My Device: Playbook - 16GB

MicroUSB Port - USB wont't fit

I've had my Playbook for about 4 months now, when suddenly my MicroUSB port got damaged. As a result, I cannot charge my device or transfer data. How do I address this problem as I am still covered by the warranty, but cannot return the device to the store. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: MicroUSB Port - USB wont't fit

I never use that port incase it is damaged. You can transfer data by wifi and buy a desktop charging dock that uses the three pins next to the port. Make sure ap isolation in router is not switched on.

I would call support and ask them but i guess it is not covered under warranty as it's damage.

My Device: Z10 & Playbook

NeedALogin wrote:

I've had my Playbook for about 4 months now, when suddenly my MicroUSB port got damaged. As a result, I cannot charge my device or transfer data. How do I address this problem as I am still covered by the warranty, but cannot return the device to the store. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Contact support and get an RMA to return the PB.  I would do a security wipe prior as well as a desktop charging dock.   

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
notam
My Device: playbook

Take a look at how the port is "damaged".  I made mine inoperative by trying to put the plug in upside down, and this bend the row of pins upward.  All it took was a small screwdriver to gently bend the pins back down so they stick out straight.  This fixed the problem but I got a rapid charger that uses a magnetic pin to charge ASAP.  The USB port is a weak link on any device.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klrchef
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9930

Same thing happened to my Playbook. I contacted Blackberry Support and got a RMA. They sent a shipping box within 2 days and I had the Playbook back after about 2 weeks.

Please use plain text.