Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

memberbb
My Device: Playbook

Microphone & Skype

I am looking at purchasing a Blackberry Playbook. The BB Playbook seems to have more of what I'm seeking than other tablets. However, everything I'm reading indicates that Blackberry doesn't have a microphone. If this is the case, how does any skype-like apps work, ie., for two-way conversations?  I would like to confirm whether this is accurate information.

I read a BB Administrator's comments that the Skype app was coming for the BB10. Will this also hold true for the BB Playbook?

Thank you for your response.:smileyhappy:

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Microphone & Skype

The PlayBook has an excellent sound system with dual microphones on the top edge. For worldwide communications with other PlayBook users it has Video Chat, a full screen, high definition video and stereo sound. It does not have Skype which is now owned by Microsoft, but there are rumours circulating that it may be coming but don't hold you breath on that. There are several apps that make it possible to communicate across platforms. I haven't used any of these, Video Chat serves my purposes and is much better call quality than Skype.