Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
wimboeren
My Device: Playbook 32 gb

Microsoft silverlight

Most programs in the Netherlands use microsoft silverlight. My playbook cannot install silverlight.  What is the sullution for this problem?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Microsoft silverlight

Well, not "most programs".

There is no solution, as yet, for using Silverlight on the Playbook.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
wimboeren

Try watching programma gemist/ uitzending gemist. You'll be sh*t outta luck.

:Oops:

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please watch your language. This is an open forum, and foul language isn't needed.

No, "most programs" do not use silverlight. Some do.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

On uitzendinggemist.nl, tap Instellingen > Playertype and select Flash. Works just fine on PlayBook.

Silverlight is a proprietary Microsoft product, not a RIM product. It's not available on any modern mobile platform, even in Windows 8 Metro, and the future of the Silverlight plugin is uncertain at best. Development of Moonlight, the Mac/Linux port has even stopped

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Gotta love the ones that say all programs. I think they learn one app and that is it.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

I think the OP means TV-programme re-runs on the Dutch TV sites. The largest commercial TV broadcaster (RTL) recently started requiring Silverlight 5. What were they thinking?! It's time for them to find a new CIO ;-)

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
wimboeren

Seriously, that's a quote from a classic dirty harry movie?????

Well  never mind, and the dutch programs use silverlight with no option to choose flash.

But if there is no sollution for the problem, and Black Berry doesn't think it is important enough to follow the requirements used on the internet, the playbook will die a quick death.

So far the Playbook.....

1-The Appstore has programs which are much to expensive and outdated compared with apple.

2-The playbook does not give any options to use programs like silverlight, so you can't watch all the tv programs you want.

That's a shame because the playbook has plenty of potential.

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

wimboeren wrote:

Seriously, that's a quote from a classic dirty harry movie?????

Well  never mind, and the dutch programs use silverlight with no option to choose flash.

But if there is no sollution for the problem, and Black Berry doesn't think it is important enough to follow the requirements used on the internet, the playbook will die a quick death.

So far the Playbook.....

1-The Appstore has programs which are much to expensive and outdated compared with apple.

2-The playbook does not give any options to use programs like silverlight, so you can't watch all the tv programs you want.

That's a shame because the playbook has plenty of potential.

Where do you get this info from.  Not all websites use silverlight and to boot it is dieing.   You show me a link that specifically says the internet requires silverlight from microcrap.  From a governments source.   Maybe your broadcasting could.pang will die a quick death for using silverlight.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
wimboeren

[ Edited ]

http://www.hebikietsgemist.nl/programma/66/rtl-7/rtl-autowereld.html

Try to load program 32 from the site with your playbook. If you know a solution i would like to know it. Thanx allready.