Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
PDivona
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Missing Bridge Icon

Please help.  Successfully downloaded the Bridge App to my Bold 9000. Did a Master Re-Set to the device to lock in the App.  However the Bridge App ICON cannot be found on either the Download folder,  Applications folder or anywhere on the device itself. The Bridge App does show as an "add-on" app on the device under Options>Applications>Add-On.  Also the Bridge App shows on the Desktop Manager as installed when connected to the device. Also tried to uninstall the app and reinstall.  After all that The Bridge App ICON still cannot be found on the  device anywhere rendering the app  unusable. Please advise if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Missing Bridge Icon

uninstall bridge

try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC

reinstall bridge

. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

What OS are you on? On your smartphone device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PDivona
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks for your help.  I realized after you posted that I was using my alternate phone and needed to update the software to inlude the latest version.  Did so, uninstalled bridge and reinstalled.  Icon now showing and Bridge connected.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

glad to hear it, enjoy the PlayBook

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.