Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook 16gb
Accepted Solution

Missing Icons for Applications

Please Help!  I bought a blackberry playbook for my sister's birthday in August and I think I've wasted my money!

When I download apps from App World and install them the icons do not appear on the desktop.  It says it's installed but I have no access to these applications.  I'm at a loss.  I just performed a wipe and restarted it and still no go!  

If anyone could help that would be amazing!  I've wasted so much time on this tablet already!

Many thanks

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Missing Icons for Applications

This may be too obvious but I have to ask, have you tried the second page of icons? If you swipe to the right there is another page. I didn't notice it the entire first day I had the Playbook. Also, check any folders you may have on the desktop.

If neither of those are the problem then I would reload the OS to the device. Performing a wipe is not really a recommended procedure for the Playbook.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks. I know about the multiple pages and I don't see the icons in any folder. I hate the idea that I now have a door stopper that has cost over two hundred dollars. :smileysad:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)

I had the same problem. Scroll up from the bottom to the top and you will see the apps underneath the viewed icons.  I moved them to hte second page. Then to make it easier I put them into folders I created 'utililites'' 'office' 'Media' 'games' to make for easy access on the front screen.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32

[ Edited ]

Farki wrote:
Thanks. I know about the multiple pages and I don't see the icons in any folder. I hate the idea that I now have a door stopper that has cost over two hundred dollars. :smileysad:
De-brick:

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password
If you can, backup important data. Preferably by wifi share drag n drop.
Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down)
Ensure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up
Connect the Playbook by USB cable.
If the red light starts to glow press the Off button.
Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it says repair rather than Update)
Quickly select the Update (or repair) option
The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take a good hour to download via the PC
Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID
Add back your email accounts etc.
Reinstall your apps from App World, My World. 
Copy back your data
________
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)

Hello Farki. Any news? Have you got your icons yet?

Regards to all (except BB)
New Contributor

Thank you.  This is exactly where the missing icons were ... Many, many thanks.