Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
jnieto09
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Missing calendar entries from phone over Blackberry bridge

I have two phones bridged to the playbook. Initially I had issues seeing SMS over the bridge with a 9850. After deleting the tablet from the phone and the phone from the tablet, performing a hard reset and re-adding the devices the issue was fixed. I then got the playbook bridge to a 9930. All apps work with the exception of the calendar. I am not able to see some of my entries on the calendar displayed on the playbook even when they appear on the 9930. After deleting the tablet from the phone and the phone from the tablet, performing a hard reset on both devices and re-adding the devices the issue was not fixed. Ideas? Thank you!!!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Missing calendar entries from phone over Blackberry bridge

Hey inieto09,

The BlackBerry PlayBook may not be configured to display the Calendar Service associated with the missing entries, please try the following:

1. From the BlackBerry PlayBook, Click the BlackBerry Bridge icon.
2. Click on the Calendar icon.
3. Enter the BlackBerry Smartphone password if prompted.
4. Tap on the Calendar Services icon. (this is the third icon from the bottom left)
5. Ensure that the desired calendar(s) is checked
6. Click Done.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jnieto09

Hello HB,

Thanks for the suggestion. That was my first thought. However, the calendar is selected. I can actually see the rest of the entries but for the following week on my playbook. Went a step further and disabled, from the Blackberry bridge app, all the other calendars that I do not use. This speeds up the time on the playbook when accessing the calendar app, but it still doesn't let some entries to be seen. A step further: this are not private events either. 

Intrigued?? ME TOO!!!! :Dots: :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jnieto09

OK y'all, found the problem: If we have several entries as "all day" on the phone calendar, the playbook bridge is not able to post them on the week view of the bridge calendar. You have to enter the "day" view and then all the "all day" entries appear. Well, when I say all the entries appear, I mean 5 to 6. If you have more than that you are out of luck and you actually need to delete some of them for the rest to start coming up. There is no scroll down on the top that I could find so that you could see the rest of the "all day" entries. This problem is not that case with the native Playbook calendar, where you can actually see the "agenda" view and then deal with all your "all day" entries. My recommendation if you do not want to sync your email to your playbook, as it is my case, just sync your calendar through the CalDAV option on the account advanced setup. It works flawlessly with Google Calendar. And actually it works better than the bridge, if Google Calendar is what you are using.

In conclusion: More than 6 "all day" entries will not appear on your Bridge Calendar, but they will still be there...

Thank you! And setting this problem as fixed after this reply :Rockon:

Please use plain text.