Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
Harry_Dodgson
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Music issue with my 4G playbook

Hi,

I got a 4G PlayBook from eBay (since I don't live in Canada).  I wanted the faster CPU and 32Gig storage as compared to the two free ones that BlackBerry sent me (thanks again).

I sideloaded the latest OS from the leaked version.

Music plays great when the display is on.

Music plays great from the internal speakers...

When I am using my headphones and the display turns off, I only get the right channel thru both speakers.  That is really strange in my opinion.  Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else?  Any ideas if this is a hardware or software issue?  Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated as well.

Harry

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Music issue with my 4G playbook

have you tried debricking?

Does audio only play on one side in games or anything else?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Harry_Dodgson wrote:

Hi,

I got a 4G PlayBook from eBay (since I don't live in Canada).  I wanted the faster CPU and 32Gig storage as compared to the two free ones that BlackBerry sent me (thanks again).

I sideloaded the latest OS from the leaked version.

Music plays great when the display is on.

Music plays great from the internal speakers...

When I am using my headphones and the display turns off, I only get the right channel thru both speakers.  That is really strange in my opinion.  Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else?  Any ideas if this is a hardware or software issue?  Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated as well.

Harry

I am running the leaked .1753 on wifi only playbook. I can't replicate your problem. If I force standby the supplied sample

Mp3 stays full stereo. If you get sound in both ears but it goes from stereo to mono on standby it sounds like software.  Assuming you ran the leaked autoloade .exe I would try again. 

knottyrope wrote:

have you tried debricking?

Does audio only play on one side in games or anything else?

No,  I loaded it once and called it a success since everything else that I do appears to work fine.  I am having other issues with my PC and the BlackBerry Desktop software that makes me shy away from any more drastic changes

(my test 8250 is stuck on the dreaded 407 error as the PC complains the loader needs updating).

I tried putting the PB into standby using two different Android games and the stereo would drop out to one channel (both speakers) just before the game itself paused.  The PB native games drop all sound as soon as I bring up the top icon bar so it is difficult to test them.  And again, this only happens when I use the headphones.

Harry

--------------
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

Wierd problems with andrlid games for a few seconds don't seem very drastkc. I would be happy to have latest os running on 4G

PS does the cellular part still work or is it now WiFi Only as most people have found?

jarviser wrote:

Wierd problems with andrlid games for a few seconds don't seem very drastkc. I would be happy to have latest os running on 4G

PS does the cellular part still work or is it now WiFi Only as most people have found?

Hi,

Check the whole thread - it is not just an android issue.

My PlayBook shipped with OS 2.0 which includes a deprecated App World app that could not be updated OTA.  I was happy to get a working BlackBerry World.  I have never tried the 4G functionality although the settings and controls exist for it.  I get a noticably cheaper rate using my Bold 9900 as a hotspot than to activate the 4G on the PlayBook.

--------------
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

I am well aware of the 4g app world problem. I was instrumental in providing the analysis of forum posts here and in Crackberry that identified the cause. I didn't suggest you changed a thing. I am saying either reload the leak to see if your sound problem goes, or accept it as a done deal. 

Hi,

I went into my toybox and got out my BlueTooth headphones and those work fine.

--------------
Please use plain text.