Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: My BB Playbook doesn't charge and turn on. Nothing can solve this problem. Please help!!!!

Yeah I think I'm about to the end of my rope with it... guess I will just list it on eBay...
New Contributor

Re: My BB Playbook doesn't charge and turn on. Nothing can solve this problem. Please help!!!!

Well it is booted up now. But the screen still goes blank after a few seconds with the back light still on. I can push the power button and make the display turn completely off, I can then swipe to wake it up and I'm back to my home screen. It the blanks out again after a few seconds. I also notice a plug icon on the battery. It is plugged in by the way.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

"......

But the screen still goes blank after a few seconds with the back light still on."  - That's bad!

I can push the power button and make the display turn completely off,  That's just standby

I can then swipe to wake it up and I'm back to my home screen. That's normal wakeup

It the blanks out again after a few seconds. That's bad

I also notice a plug icon on the battery. It is plugged in by the way. That's good. 

The bads bits suggest some sort of loss of screen connectivity. 

It's busted. Though I should suggest a Security Wipe to reload the OS if you haven't already done it. (Settings, Security, Security wipe)

Sarah.
New Contributor

The strange thing is that it isn't always a few seconds... I've used it for up to 30 minutes before it blanks out... just not recently... I was wondering if it was some sort of power issue... guess I'm just grasping at straws... lol
Highlighted
New Contributor

I just wiped and reloaded the OS seems like the longer its on the charger the longer the screen stays on... might just be my imagination... lol
My Device: Black Berry Playbook - RD121WW
My Carrier: Telus

I have the EXACT same problem! I'm not sure how long I have had my playbook for but yea. and by several hours do you mean over night (question mark) - my qs mark doesn't work or a couple days ..