Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
dungeon418
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Playbook 16 gig, 32gig, 64gig,
Accepted Solution

My LTE Playbook doesn't show update to 2.1.

[ Edited ]

When I click on software update, my Playbook tells me that OS 2.0.1.668  is the latest update yet people claim that they have had  the 2.1 update on their 4G LTE. Is this a fact or is it slowly making the rounds? Anybody know for sure?

Should also add I have done two wipes and tried to follow Blackberry instructions on deleting programs which could be hindering the upgrade but  I cannot delete Adobe reade so that didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
nikmaster
My Device: BB Playbook

Re: My LTE Playbook doesn't show update to 2.1.

Adobe Reader is included in firmware, so it is undeletable. I have usual 16 gig playbook and yestersay I have updated to 2.0.1.1088. I am not sure what can cause this issue for you

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

I have no first hand knowledge, and in England we only just got 3G+ version come out at a staggering 400 of our earth pounds, However since the 1088 came out for LTE on Nov 22, on Crackberry they were reporting problems according to service provider, and unlocked playbooks seemed to suffer worse. Do some more googling, and ask your contract provider 

Thanks for the reply, I also have 16 gig,  as well as a 32 gig, and 64 gig, ALL have been upgraded to 2.1 without any problems. I am at present in email contact with someone at BB but she is in Asia and hasn't a clue as to what is going on.with this unit.  The ideas she is presenting are not beneficial in any way.Hopefully this will be escalated to a higher level. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Are those other three wifi only?

MTS - India right? Is the 4g LTE playbook supposed to be running in India? If not then that region of the world may not get updates for that model. 

[ Edited ]

MTS - Russia. I have wi-fi only model. I do not think that software updates are somehow connected with LTE availability. We do have 4G LTE available in some major cities

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

nikmaster wrote:

MTS - Russia. I have wi-fi only model. I do not think that software updates are somehow connected with LTE availability. We do have 4G LTE available in some major cities

Well looking at recent evidence OS 2.1.0.1088 for wifi models was released around 25th Oct, and for 4G/LTE models on 22nd Nov.  It usually takes several days for wifi model users to get updates round the world so locatio also seems to make a difference.

Being available does not mean RIM are officially selling them there. You can buy Playbook wifi models in Dublin but they are not officially available in Ireland (at last look anyways) If they don't want India or Russia to get it they wont release it there. Some  native apps are not in the European release.  Some Arabic country users don't get video chat for example, So beware - they know where you live!!

Playbooks are not officially sold in Russia. But I do not understand the reason, why RIM do not release software updates at the same time.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dungeon418

Yes, the other 4 are wifi only. Just the one unit is 4G LTE

Please read the last comment . Problem has been answered.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dungeon418

PLEASE NOTE:

According to BB technical support in Waterloo with whom I spoke to yesterday., there is no 2.1 release for the 4G LTE. They claim its not out .? He would not speculate as to whether it will be out??

I would not be surprised that I would have to wait for the version 10..The Technical department at BB would not confirm or deny this is something playbook users can look forward to.

Thank you all for your input

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.