Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: My LTE Playbook doesn't show update to 2.1.

dungeon418 wrote:

PLEASE NOTE:

According to BB technical support in Waterloo with whom I spoke to yesterday., there is no 2.1 release for the 4G LTE. They claim its not out .? He would not speculate as to whether it will be out??

I would not be surprised that I would have to wait for the version 10..The Technical department at BB would not confirm or deny this is something playbook users can look forward to.

Thank you all for your input

Best Regards.

So Crackberry got it wrong? it was not released on Nov 22? 

My Device: Blackberry Z10, Playbook 16 gig, 32gig, 64gig,

@ jarviser That is what I was told. According to the tech at BB waterloo OS2.1 is not out for the 4G LTE.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dungeon418

@jarviser

Yes its confusing but the following seems to sum it up

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/software-updates.html

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dungeon418

Includes the following update for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook:
Should have added that. It appears we have two BB posts that don't say the same thing. The above URL confirms what the BB tech told me so I guess that's a typo.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dungeon418

@jarviser. Yes, thanks I saw that., I will wait for a while and  I will be going to another ISP if the prompt for update doesn't show soon. From what it says on the BB site (updates can be updated over the wireless network when supported by wireless service  provider) must mean that my ISP( a 4G LTE site) is not in any hurray to get the OS2.1  link on their site. From what BB says, if I understood it correctly, the ISP supposingly will trigger the update.? Don't understand the part  of carrier stores now available on Blackberry App World.  I can't find that reference. The last part makes it a waiting game I guess."Updates for the 4G 4G/LTE are subject to carrier availablity." I presume that means if the carrier has that link you get the update.. We shall wait and see.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Yes that is what the crackberries were saying, depends on the SIM card carrier, and for people who got hold of unlocked grey imports into Russia or Timbuktoo then its unlikely you will ever get an upgrade.  RIM would never supply unlocked playbooks in my opinion, they will have been unlocked by resellers from doubtful sources. 

Other opinions are available.  We need more LTE users posting here.

Yes, I doubt that Rim would supply unlocked ones, yet you can buy them without a contract which is what I did. Basically what happened to me:

1) Bought from Rogers without a contract.

2)Didn't like Rogers contract so I went to Bell (was unlocked from Rogers and working with Bell) I have just cancelled the Bell  contract and will wait to see if I can now connect with MTS.

3)When I approached MTS initially, I was told by the MTS store that they did not offer LTE contracts for Playbooks because they did not sell the Playbook. After getting myself into frenzy calling the higher ups at MTS I finally got them to say they do support the Playbook (go figure) and that they would call the store to clarify it.

3)Next step I will do one of two things, sell the LTE Playbook or go through the motions of connecting with MTS. At this point I have had enough excitement in my life and since I have 4 more Wi-Fi Playbooks (Yeh, I know call me strange but I wanted the collection LOL), and a BB phone to bridge with I will be in no panic. It seems that BB could just have allowed the update with them (like the WI-FI ones)instead of all this hassle. I know there are other people out there with the same hassles as I did a search and  other sites have people with these same questions. Could be BB is not listening.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Cool.

Still cannot work out what country you live in. Nikmaster said MTS was Russia but are you? 

Russia? Don't know where that would come from....   I am in Manitoba, Canada.

Please use plain text.