12-07-2012 05:11 AM
According to BB technical support in Waterloo with whom I spoke to yesterday., there is no 2.1 release for the 4G LTE. They claim its not out .? He would not speculate as to whether it will be out??
I would not be surprised that I would have to wait for the version 10..The Technical department at BB would not confirm or deny this is something playbook users can look forward to.
Thank you all for your input
So Crackberry got it wrong? it was not released on Nov 22?
12-09-2012 05:36 PM
12-10-2012 12:09 AM
@jarviser. Yes, thanks I saw that., I will wait for a while and I will be going to another ISP if the prompt for update doesn't show soon. From what it says on the BB site (updates can be updated over the wireless network when supported by wireless service provider) must mean that my ISP( a 4G LTE site) is not in any hurray to get the OS2.1 link on their site. From what BB says, if I understood it correctly, the ISP supposingly will trigger the update.? Don't understand the part of carrier stores now available on Blackberry App World. I can't find that reference. The last part makes it a waiting game I guess."Updates for the 4G 4G/LTE are subject to carrier availablity." I presume that means if the carrier has that link you get the update.. We shall wait and see.
12-10-2012 07:30 AM
Yes that is what the crackberries were saying, depends on the SIM card carrier, and for people who got hold of unlocked grey imports into Russia or Timbuktoo then its unlikely you will ever get an upgrade. RIM would never supply unlocked playbooks in my opinion, they will have been unlocked by resellers from doubtful sources.
Other opinions are available. We need more LTE users posting here.
12-10-2012 08:51 AM
Yes, I doubt that Rim would supply unlocked ones, yet you can buy them without a contract which is what I did. Basically what happened to me:
1) Bought from Rogers without a contract.
2)Didn't like Rogers contract so I went to Bell (was unlocked from Rogers and working with Bell) I have just cancelled the Bell contract and will wait to see if I can now connect with MTS.
3)When I approached MTS initially, I was told by the MTS store that they did not offer LTE contracts for Playbooks because they did not sell the Playbook. After getting myself into frenzy calling the higher ups at MTS I finally got them to say they do support the Playbook (go figure) and that they would call the store to clarify it.
3)Next step I will do one of two things, sell the LTE Playbook or go through the motions of connecting with MTS. At this point I have had enough excitement in my life and since I have 4 more Wi-Fi Playbooks (Yeh, I know call me strange but I wanted the collection LOL), and a BB phone to bridge with I will be in no panic. It seems that BB could just have allowed the update with them (like the WI-FI ones)instead of all this hassle. I know there are other people out there with the same hassles as I did a search and other sites have people with these same questions. Could be BB is not listening.