Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: I don't know
My Carrier: None

My Playbook Micro USB Charging Port broke!

Hi everyone!

I just want to be you guys know about my situation! Anyways it's been like almost a year that I haven't touched my playbook since my sister broke the charging port. I didn't even bother finding places to fix it because everything was pricey ranging from $75 - $100 here in Canada. I have done some research and the only way is to buy a new Micro USB Charging Port to replace the one that broke inside. I figured why would I waste my time with that and I saw that there is an altenative charger that I can buy called "RIM BlackBerry Rapid Charger (OEM) for Blackberry PlayBook / Playbook 4G LTE" on amazon. Does anyone recommend me buying this because it is on sale for $18 only. I hope that it charges my playbook so I can use it.

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My Playbook Micro USB Charging Port broke!

I highly recommend every Playbook owner have a rapid charger. It is far superior to the USB charger and prevents the problem you have already encountered. Alternatively, I prefer the charging dock. It uses the same charging port as the rapid charger. I just bought one a few days ago for $13. Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Charging-Stand-Playbook/dp/B004XDTXZI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

It comes with everything you need to charge it. Both chargers do the same thing. I just prefer the dock.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!