Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

madhitter
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

My Playbook does not sync with my desktop

I have a problem that my tablet will not sync with the  desk top, the desktop sees the tablet but will not map the hard drive or allow access to the hard drive so i cant transfer files or music , I am at my end of the rope trying to fix this anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: My Playbook does not sync with my desktop

If you have a wifi router and you don't mind manually transferring files try wifi sharing.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068

File sharing is quicker and more reliable than sync, and more reliable than backup/restore

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: telus

I have the same issue since updating the desktop software. Synced yesterday before updating, now I am able to backup the playbook but cannot synch music or video - So the playbook is being recognized but no access to the drives.

Anyone?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
reezie

Oh - and wifi sharing does not work either - my windows machine does not recognize the IP address of the playbook.

I am a power user and had the playbook since it was launched and never had this problem,. I have deleted desktop software and reinstalled and I have restarted the playbook a couple of times with no luck.

Suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
reezie

and an update...no sooner had I posted that wifi was not working than it found the playbook. So transfer via wifi is ok - transfer via USB fails.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
reezie

and a further update - I use my playbook for presentations . transferring vido over wifi is extremely slow compared to USB - is there a problem with the upgrade?

Please use plain text.