Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
BATMan_Phln
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

My Playbook plays with itself!

Whenever I charge my Playbook and leave it on, this happens.  I wrote the time.  The Playbook did the rest!!  Even changing colors.

I've tried a ferrite choke at both ends of the charger.  I've plugged the charger directly into the wall instead of an extension cord.  The ONLY solution I've found is turning it off every night.  If I need to make a note or get an email at night I have to wait FOREVER for it to boot up.  Does anyone know why it's doing this and how can I stop it??

Naughty Playbook

Thanks for the help!

B.A.T.Man

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: My Playbook plays with itself!

you have a faulty charger with a varied output

Happened to my sons when wife used a LG charger on it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
f2
Contributor
f2
My Carrier: None

Also your socket may be ungrounded or have other electronic devices on the same circuit (breaker) causing interference
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BATMan_Phln
My Carrier: N/A

@knottyrope

I tried your idea last night and, so far, IT WORKED!!!!  I swapped my Playbook charger to my phone and vice versa.  It's funny that the PB charger doesn't work on the PB as well as an LG charger!!  ROFL

THANK YOU!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Your welcome

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.