Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
T-willie
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

My playbook won't sync any media

I just got my playbook as a gift...love it, and decided I better sync it with my computer.  In following the intial conection, I can backup my playbook, but when I go to sync the media, I get an error message.  I follow the help icon that opens a screen telling me to check my cable, unplug and try again...this is no help as I've done that.  My phone syncs with the Desktop program, I've updated both the playbook and Desktop software and still no satifaction.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sebastianmoran
My Carrier: None

Re: My playbook won't sync any media

What error appears on the computer screen?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
T-willie

The message appears in my blackberry desktop window when I select any of the medias to sync.  It says; "A Problem Occurred while attempting to connect to your Blackberry Device".  Underneath it is the link to "troubleshoot my connection" that gives me no help.  I'm syncing this to a PC, when I connect the usb wire, should my computer recognize it?  (like an external hard drive or something?)  Mine doesn't, although when I hook it up I get the little pop up window telling me that I'm connected.  Thanks for you help!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sebastianmoran

Oh, is thw wifi on, on the playbook? It has to be off, in order for the connection to the pc to work.
Disconnect wifi on the pb, close the desktop software on the computer, disconnect the usb cable, and try again! Let me know if it worked!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
T-willie

Nope, that didn't work.  I was hopeing it would be that easy.  In rooting around trying to figure this out (kinda like Helen Keller on an Easter egg hunt!), I right ckicked on the Device Manager icon in the notification tray and selected properties.  In following the tree down under Connected Devices, the bottom option was Volumes.  In expanding that option, it states "Internal-Volume not Mounted".  I've seen some posts refering to this, but I have no idea what this is...is this part of my problem? 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sebastianmoran

Wait, are you on Windows 7? Have you got Service Pack 1 or higher installed?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
T-willie

XP, Service Pack 3

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terrybiusing
My Device: Playbook and Curve
My Carrier: Maxis

I had similar problem and finally managed to view/synch the internal PB content/media by disabling (exiting) the antivirus software (in my case I am using Trend Micro). Please give it a try!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Hello there :smileyhappy:

I am adding to this post because I encounter the same problem with my new Playbook.

In fact, I am using BB desktop manager software on a MAC computer (laptop MacBook Pro under new os Lion) with the latest BBDM software available.

This suite is working good with my 2 existing BB phones but, with the Playbook, surprisingly, it does not offer me the possibility to sync any media file (pictures, music or video). Just the backup and restore functions are basically available.

The software shows the available space in the properties as being zero although my PlayBook (16 Gb) is just configured with basic software. Furthermore, I do see on my Mac desktop some kind of "external drive" (named MEDIA) where I see the folders obviously belonging to the PB (like books, documents etc.). On this "MEDIA", the computer says that there are approx 14 Gb free!?

Do I miss a setting somewhere? Is there a specific thing to do that I missed either on the desktop manager or the Playbook itself?

Thanks in advance for your help :smileywink:

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Well,

apparently Sebastianmoran was right: when you turn Wi-fi off ... the media sync is working.

Thanks for the tip, honestly I couldn't believe it untill I tried myself.

:Whistling:

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.