Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
dontimothy
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: My playbook won't sync any media

I have the same issue. Using windows 7, the playbook connects (little pop-up installing driver correctly) and I can make a back up. So far so good. But when I want to transfer media through the BB desktop software (version 6.1.0.35) I get the error: MEDIA SERVICES ARE NOT AVAILABLE (A problem occured while attempting to connect to your BB device).

My PB wifi is off, reconnected it with the USB cable that came with the playbook.... and I can´t find the PB on the ´My Computer´ window. Nothing helps.... 

PLEAAAAAAASE... it´s can´t be this difficult!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

do you see a pop up showing as a drive.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dontimothy

I saw a pop up when plugging in the USB and it said it had installled correctly. I can see on the BB Device Manager Properties that the Device is connected (under the device it shows Volumes and under that Internal - Volume not mounted).... no idea what this means.

For the rest I do not currently see a pop up showing as a drive....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dontimothy

By the way, my TCP/IP NETBIOS Helper is stopped on my msconfig/services. I heard this has to be on, but no idea how to do that. The box is ticked.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras

dontimothy wrote:

I saw a pop up when plugging in the USB and it said it had installled correctly. I can see on the BB Device Manager Properties that the Device is connected (under the device it shows Volumes and under that Internal - Volume not mounted).... no idea what this means.

For the rest I do not currently see a pop up showing as a drive....

Right click on the "Volume not mounted " and select mount.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dontimothy

Hi Aandras...

just tried that... wouldn´t mount. Still same error message. Yet again today I don´t see it on ´my computer´ window, can´t sync via BB Desktop software.... and can´t mount the volume.

This is quite upsetting!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dontimothy

Hi Aandras,

thank you for your suggestions.... unfortunately still no luck. Is there anything else I can try? My OS system is 1.0.7.3312....

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras

you need to mount that drive in order to see the drive in my computer. right click on the drive and select mount.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dontimothy

I have tried that. I right-clicked, saw the option to mount..... but it won´t mount.... and I don´t see it in my disk management etc etc

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RobertGilman
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

When I first got my PB I used desk top manager to sync all my pictures and music. Had an awful time and it took forever and would not copy all the music. Then someone said why not just copy and paste, don't use DTM. WOW that works 10 times as good and very fast. Hook your PB to your computer and when DTM starts just exit out of it. You will still see your PB when you click on MY Computer as an external drive. Then just copy and paste the picture files, music and documents to the PB files.

Robert
Please use plain text.