Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16gb

My playbook wont turn on!

ok.I've had my playbook since christmas and it worked great untill about a month ago. i was listening to music and using the calculator when i put it into the sleep mode and it didnt turn back on.i took  it to radio shack and they said the charger was bad but it had a full battery when it did this.the only response i can get it to make is when i plug it in to my computer it give me the red led light sighn and then the flashing green light comes on for like 5 seconds before it turns off.please help i have a lot of data on here that would take a long time to replace .thank you.

p.s. i've been trying to back it up on the desktop software but its giving me an error message saying its trying to reboot or it has a dead battery

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: My playbook wont turn on!

try a few things in this thread please

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Play-book-wont-power-up-or-light-just-bli...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16gb

THANK YOU!i tried some of the things the thread suggested and its working great !THANK YOU

My Device: Playbook

I have exactly same problem, working one day then wont power on the next, just red then green light.  After hours on phone with Rim and trying a new regular charger, Rim  suggested I return it for service.  I did and few days later they informed me it was beyond repair due to water damage although I have no idea why.  They asked me if they should scrap the playbook or return it to me.  I asked them to rerun it and they said as a good will gesture they would send me a free rapid charger if I perched a new playbook.  I did they sent the charger and guess what, I tried it first on the beyond repair playbook and it worked fine.  After numerous follow up emails I got nowhere with Rim, they say the first thing they check is water damage and if positive go no further, What a load of crock, it was obviously the charger port was the fault.  Finally this email is written on the playbook Rim say was beyond repair.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32

Just pray they don't make avionics.

________