Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
graciemay
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

My tablet is not turning on...

I didn't charge it one night and the battery life was on about 8%. So I charged it and turned it off. When I try to turn it on nothing happens. Do I need to change battery ot is it dead?

thanks in advance.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My tablet is not turning on...

Please read this:

Article ID: KB27705 BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

Starting in BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0.1:

• Once the yellow LED begins pulsating indicating charging mode, if the BlackBerry® PlayBook is disconnected from the charger, the following graphic will be displayed on the screen, indicating charging is not complete, and to reconnect the power source. The graphic will be displayed for 20 seconds before the BlackBerry® PlayBook powers off if the power source is not reconnected. The same graphic will also be displayed if the BlackBerry® PlayBook is turned on and there is not sufficient power to perform the boot process.

• If the BlackBerry® PlayBook is plugged into a power source, and the power button is pressed to power on the device, the following graphic will be displayed if there is not sufficient power to perform the boot process. If this occurs, the BlackBerry® PlayBook should be left plugged in to gain enough charge to boot.

If, after charging the Tablet for 4 - 6 hours still results in no LED's, attempt to force power on the Tablet by pressing and holding only the Power Button for only 20 seconds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Try the three button reset. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes.
If this does not work, repeat the procedure.
New Contributor
graciemay
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Thanks guys. It works now after I tried pressing and hilding the on button. thanks again.

ostymindy
My Device: tablet 32 GB

Hi,
It is work for my tablet. I thought it die or it must replaces the battery.

Thanks for your advice.
John Nguyen.
ostymindy
My Device: tablet 32 GB

Hi,

This is good site, great support!

I follow you guide and my tablet power on back. I thought it is death, or I must replace the battery.

Thanks a lot.

John Nguyen