Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ralphrwatson
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB AND Blackberry 9860 Smartphone
Accepted Solution

My videos just refuse to sync :-(

I have a 64GB Playbook that was a gift.  I love it to bits and it travels the world with me.  yesterday I wanted to load some more movies that I had downloaded to iTunes.  It just won't sync them.  I can drag and drop the folder, select the folder for sync and then click to sync.  It goes thrugh all the motions and then tells me that it did not sync X number of files.  I checked and they are all MP4, none are DRP.  I even tried storing them as Windows media files and that didn't wirk either.

I'm not tech savvy so any solution needs to be kinda **bleep**-proof.  

Can anybody PLEASE help?

Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Re: My videos just refuse to sync :-(

[ Edited ]

Hello ralphrwatson and welcome to the BlackBerry Playbook forum.

I take it you are trying to sync the videos using the Blackberry desktop software on your PC.

In general, the type of video file to sync should not matter.  Even if the format is wrong, the desktop software will still sync it to the PlayBook.  The stock video player will simply not play videos with improper format.

On the surface, it appears that there might be a problem with available storage on the PlayBook.  If there are too many files to sync such that there is insufficient storage left on the PlayBook to load the videos, that could be one reason why some of the video files won't sync.  You can see how much storage you have left by clicking on the gear symbol at the top right when you swipe down from there.  Select "About" from the menu on the left and then "Hardware" in the scroll-down menu.  Free storage is the third item down.  If there is only a couple of GB left, that could be the problem.  You might have to delete some of the videos on your PlayBook.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
New Contributor
ralphrwatson

Hi and thanks for responding to my SOS :-)

I currently have no videos stored as I cleared off the ones I had already viewed.  I now have just under 44GB of free space according to the process you suggested so that's not an issue.  i'm stumped because I'm not doing anything I didn't do last time - as far as I can tell - and yet it just won't play ball :-(

Any more ideas?

Trusted Contributor
Enygma

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply. When looking at solutions and when I don't have all the information, I just go with the simplest processes to start. I haven't synced videos in a while because they tend to be large and eat up a lot of real estate on my older computer's hard drive.  I just download them from the Internet directly on to my PlayBook.

Some people have reported problems with a USB connection if the WiFi is still on.  You can try turning off the PlayBook's WiFi signal and see if that helps.

The other solution to try is to transfer your videos directly to the PlayBook using the USB connection by copying the files on your computer directly to the PlayBook using your computer's file manager.  The PlayBook shows up as drive Z.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
New Contributor
ralphrwatson

ok, thanks. I'll work on that with crossed fingers (or maybe not as that messes with the typing lol)
New Contributor
ralphrwatson

Hello again

Well, the sync didn't work so I tried working via the secnd option and that seems to have done the trick so thank you very much :-)

Trusted Contributor
Enygma

You're welcome.  Enjoy the videos on your PlayBook. :Rockon:

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB