Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
LionelSchotter
My Device: Torch 9810, Playbook 32GB

Re: NEW: PlayBook OS 2.0 User Guide

binhani wrote:

I should have never upgraded OS.

Earlier version use to boot fastest ... post upgrade it takes not less than 5 MINS :-O

Besides there are wifi connectivity issues, the same playbook use to connect to my home wifi, today it doesn't recognize.

Can some one please share resolution!!!

Although I think that a good tablet became a great tablet with the OS 2.0 upgrade I do agree that the boot time is twice as long and I imagine it must have something to do with loading the android player.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
gg99
My Device: playbook 16Gb

[ Edited ]

If your wireless router supports WPA2 and you don't have to use other protocol for other devices, change your router to use wps2 instead of hybrid mode. That is use the single most secure protocol for all your wireless devices if possible. So if WPA is the avail for all your device but not WPA2, use WPA instead of WPA2 or hybrid mode.

WPA2 is faster and more reliable besides a bit more secure.

Ps, read teh User guide on wirelees connection if you still have  problem. it's easy to follow.

Then make sure you either enter the pin PB number to your router or use the password(key) of the router to manually connect your PB to the router.

Using pressing router button method may not guarantee connection between reboot of your PB or router

as for reboot takes longer< it does not bother me, I rarely need reboot with os2. Every now and then I just shutdown all my app if memory becomes a issue.

Most of the time it's only one app or two  that cause memory leak. And that is app developer's fault. Or websites'. So I tend to close down Web browser once a while just like Internet explorer, Firebox.

the other app That I use tend to leak memory does text to speech. That app can hog tremendous RAM over time. However shutting the app down and start is quick and that  also  force RAM release.

Overall I found the OS2 to be robust but just some apps needs to close once in a while to keep PB performance up

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samjam76
My Device: Play Book 2

Hi,

I brought a new playbook 3 days back through ebay. I switched it on logged in with a id and when it was half way during the update my internet got cut. So when it came back i tried to switch it on again but i keep gettign the following error.

"could not connect to the update server. (2011)

battery is fully charged. 

good wifi

I tried to download the desktop manager for blackberry but finding it difficult to install it as it keeps hanging in between asking me to install microsoft c++ 2008 redistributable package. 

can any one clarify how to go further? can i reset the tablet and register with new id ? is there a reset button ?

sam.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
binhani
My Device: Curve 8520 and Playbook 16GB

I know its silly solution, but it has worked for me.
Just upgrade it from a new wifi spot.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
binhani
My Device: Curve 8520 and Playbook 16GB

Exactly a month now, hasn't been able to do anything with my Playbook post upgrade to OS 2.0

It takes average 5-7 mins to boot.

Doesn't recognize any wifi spot.

Drains battery even when reading a book under Airplane mode.

A chinese tablet would have worked better for me as a pdf reader.

:manmad:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

samjam76 wrote:

can any one clarify how to go further? can i reset the tablet and register with new id ? is there a reset button ?

First, you do need to download and install the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Once you get that completed you can continue.

Open the Desktop Software and connect your PlayBook while it's turned on.

Once it's connected press the power button to attempt a boot up.

The Desktop Software should give you an error that it can't connect to the device and offer options to retry or update. Select update.

It should begin to start downloading the software update.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samjam76

i am getting a error with Microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable package while installing desktop software for bb. i am using win 7 OS.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

samjam76 wrote:
i am getting a error with Microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable package while installing desktop software for bb. i am using win 7 OS.

Article ID: KB25725 Wizard was interrupted before software could be completely installed

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samjam76

when i install the Mic vis C++ 2008 redist setup, it stops at the end of instalation when it shows,

Publishing product information

Feature: FT_VC_Redist_OpenMP_x86

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samjam76
Please use plain text.