Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: +86 18222921658

NOT charging for Wall Plug Charger with battery 50%

guys, is anyone experience no playbook response with Wall Plug Charger? I connect it, but NOT charging, no blinking. My playbook battery is 50%. Then i turn on my pb and connect with my usb wire, set pb to standby. Thanks to GOD, it begin to charge. After 5 hours, battery full now.  i just bought it for 1 year, maybe less. 

Is anyone who can help me on this? if the Wall Plug Charger fault? Thanks in advance.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: NOT charging for Wall Plug Charger with battery 50%

The Playbook must be charged with its original type charger. The phone charger is too weak. The USB port on a computer is also far too weak to charge the Playbook.

There are two charger types that will charge a Playbook. There is the one that came with it, and the optional quick charger that uses the Blackberry proprietary magnetic charge connector.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

i know the usb wire is so weak for charging. but NO charging for the original wall charger came with it. So now only i can do is try to keep it connect to my computer with usb wire charging, through weak but pb won't dead.

i suspect the wall charger is fault? Is it possible? suddently?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I would suggest that the wall charger is faulty. I suggest purchasing the travel charger that is a rapid charger
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

That's the only solution i have.

Thanks, guys.