Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
itmfm1
My Device: Storm 2 /9550 & PB/OS2

Native Email Setup

[ Edited ]

Ok everyone I'm looking for some help. Maybe others are too?

I was wondering why can't I just import my email account settings from bridge connection (off my BB) into native email. IMO, RIM is dropping the ball here. How convenient and communication friendly would it be if upon launching native email if it gave you the option to do this! Instead were made to manually install all email accounts already on our BB into native email. Again IMO, what a waste of my time!

Furthermore, when I am using PB web Brower and select a link to send an email I am forced to use the native email program. This bring up the whole sync issue and how BB/PB are supposed to be all about secure, seemless communications. I sure wish there was a way to force my PB to use my bridge email.

Overall as an MS exchange user who has POP and IMAP accounts I'm not impressed by native email. Exchange is what keeps my calender not google. If I wanted google then I would have bought a android device.

On the upside, I do like the word suggestions when typing!

I know you?
New Contributor
LuckyLeavell
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Native Email Setup

My frustration too!

Why can't I see all my messages, contacts and calendar from either my BB or PlayBook without using the Bridge?

Without that I really see very little reason for the upgrade to v2.

One other frustration: Why change from the panels in BB OS v7? I was just getting used to them and now they're gone. Better yet, why not have both panels and folders?

Thank you,