Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Re: Native Email with Lotus Notes/ Domino?

Yes, they're all turned on...I was actually just playing with those settings trying different combinations but to no avail...

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Contributor
voyager9355
My Device: Bold 9930

hmmmmm.

What if you turn off (or on)  "PUSH" & save settings.  Then turn it back on (or off & pick a time interval)  & save again?

Contributor
jgerard

I think I found the problem...we have security settings enabled and the PlayBook is not a supported device per Traveler so it's Access is "Prohibited"

I just had my ID added as an exception and now it's working...I'm guessing the people who got this to work do not have any security policies enforced.

Contributor
voyager9355
My Device: Bold 9930

That's great information to have.  Thanks for posting how you fixed it!

Contributor
jgerard

[ Edited ]

..another thing...now that the restrictions are disabled, I no longer am prompted to setup BlackBerry Balance after configuring my account.

So to recap:

Problem #1: PB does not support BES so how do I get my Corp mail?

Solution #1: See page #1 of this thread on how to setup ActiveSync properly.

Problem #2: Our installation of Traveller does not use a standard port.  The PB ActiveSync option does not support server.domain.com:#### for non-standard ports.

Solution #2: Must use a 2nd IP and configure corporate firewall to redirect port 443 to Traveller port.

Problem #3: Now I'm connected and things look good but nothing sync's

Solution #3: After looking up my ID in Traveller, I discovered that the PlayBook is not a supported device and because we are enforcing security settings, it is deemed a prohibited device. I had to add an exclusion to my ID for the security policies so that it allows the PB to connect.*

* Not the best solution from a security perspective because you cannot enforce any kind of password policies on the device - you must leave it to the user to do so.  I think there needs to be a Traveller update to support PB specifically in order to get the BlackBerry Balance features functioning.

Hope this helps...

New Developer
Hatchy
My Device: 9800

BlackBerry Mobile Fusion (available 2 days ago) will allow you to provision and deploy a PlayBook - withouth having to use Notes Traveler.  While I haven't installed it yet, it may provide better security (like enforcing pw protection on the tablet).

http://ca.blackberry.com/business/software/mobilefusion/

Regular Contributor
iceguy
My Device: Blackberry Q / Playbook

Blackberry Mobile Fusion looks like a great application to have. As for now it only seems to support BB PlayBooks.

Lotus Traveler however supports all sorts of mobile devices including BB PlayBook, iOS, Nokia and Android.

I appreciate the security benefits of Blackberry Mobile Fusion, but until I can use it to administrate access for all my mobile users, including  BB PlayBook, iOS, Nokia and Android it is not a relevant choice.

What we really need is regular BB smartphone access from the BB PlayBook to the BES/BIS infrastructure through enterprise activation. Then we are talking! And BB can maintain its competitive advantace both technically and business wise.