Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
Zildjian71
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 x 2, PlayBook 16g & 64g, Bridged with RROYY.com
My Carrier: ATT

Native email accounts not staying connected

OK I got used to re-saving my Yahoo email account because Yahoo continously requires the re-entry of my password but now webmail.juno.com will only connect for a few seconds then it drops out. This happens on any router I connect to. And this has just started a week ago.

I have deleted and re-entered the Juno account several times by automatic settings search and manually entering pop/smpt settings still it disconnects in a few seconds after connecting.

Any ideas?

aiharkness
My Device: Z10 & PlayBook

Re: Native email accounts not staying connected

[ Edited ]

Just a comment. I suspect something with Juno that the PlayBook just isn't equipped to deal with (yet).

I have four accounts on mine. Windows Live, Yahoo, and two ISP accounts that are hosted on Yahoo. The Windows Live and one ISP addresses never have to be fixed. Yahoo occasionally can't connect and has to be fixed. The other ISP address can't connect often, but at irregular intervals.

My method of fixing is to first simply open the setup screen and save. Sometimes I have to do it two or three times. If that doesn't work, I re-enter password and save, and that does it.

Sorry I don't have the answer. So far I haven't come across an explanation of exactly what it is the PlayBook has a problem doing in order to avoid not being able to connect.

- Ira
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Zildjian71
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 x 2, PlayBook 16g & 64g, Bridged with RROYY.com

Ira thanks for the quick reply. I think you're right. From what I've seen in other forums that is what most are doing...just re saving the settings.

Some threads indicate or hope for a fix in BB10. It does puzzle me as my Torch 9800 never has these problems, but the old school BBOS devs have a lot more experience than the PB ones.

Zildjian71

Now the PB will not let me create my Juno email account while I can access it via the native web browser.

What gives?

Originally it worked great when native email showed up in this update. It was always there perfectly as advertised now nothing, what changed?

Zildjian71

Figured out why it would not let me recreate the Juno.com account...I still had the native email app open and active.  Once it was closed I could create the account, but now months of old email shows as unread!   What a chore to reopen them all...not very convenient to have email on the PB.

The native email app definately shows itself to be an incomplete work.

It is still requiring that I resave the settings every time I open the app for both Juno and Yahoo.