Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
davidbaldwin
My Device: curve + playbook
My Carrier: rogers

NeWUpDaTe 1526 - liNk To DeTAILS SUCKS, AND PLAYBOok typing glitches

two issues.  i im trying to type this on my playbook and it skips upper to ,ower case at random.  i also can,t see  what im gyping because thislaybook on this web page doesn,t remain visible.  i restrted it and it behaves the same.  it often shows a cursor in thesubject line AND the body.  i canbarely write this because when i try to edit it biunces cack after 1 chara ter to the subject line.  is this the website or the playbook doing this?  hmmm, perhaps thats another reasonfor this update?

second issue:  i checked for updates and 1526 is now available.  it briefly mentions the details of the update and says for more details click the link.  the link does NOT take me to more details, it takes me to blackberry.com/playbook, where it beats the heck out of me to simply find what I was sent to look for.  I don't want to sift through all the blackberry marketing just to find the last update mentioned was the OLD one (that's what I did find).  FRUSTRATING.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankank
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: NeWUpDaTe 1526 - liNk To DeTAILS SUCKS, AND PLAYBOok typing glitches

[ Edited ]

Updates: On playbook hit settings (top right gear wheel), select software updates, click on check for updates. If there is one you can download it immediately. Usually notification will be along the top line icons.

Typing: sounds like you are hitting the shift key by mistake. Are you a touch typist on the computer? Old habits place the fingers in the wrong place. Likewise cursor appears when you apply pressure on the screen over a word or paragraph. Maybe you are lingering too long on the line of lookahead words. I tap with with point of the finger (short nails) rather than the full nub of the finger. Much better accuracy.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidbaldwin

Nope.  Actually it works perfectly fine when I am replying to you.

I have restarted twice and retried.  I have duplicated the exact behavior 3 times.

It only occurs when I click New Message to create a new post.

The subject line is barely visible at the top once the keyboard appears.

Typing "new" into the subject line results in NeW and follow-on characters are also upper/lower case.

When I tap in the body to type the message it works ok but the body stays hidden under the keyboard (even after I slide it into view).  I will say that the auto caps don't appear to work in the body of the new message.

If I try to backspace, it will delete the last character, then bounce up to the subject line and start deleting that.

I have tried three times with the same results.

I am going to apply update 1526 and try again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidbaldwin

Okay so before I update to 1526, I have tried to compose a new message by single tapping the letters in the subject line.  I typed "new message this is a test"

The result: Subject:NeWMeSsAgEThIs Is ATeSt

It's not me.

Going to update now...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankank
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Yeah, it's a forum page issue, I guess. I am replying on the playbook. No probs that i can see. I have the rich text tab on.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davidbaldwin

Agreed, this typing issue creating NEW posts on this forum FROM THE PLAYBOOK is moved to:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/TeSt-MeSsAgE-whYIs-It-TyPiNg-LiKe-ThIs-Th...

Please use plain text.